The International Community (&Council) of PsychoCorporal (Bodymind) Integration Trainings (&Trainers) (ICPIT) is the Official International Organ regulating the practice of the different forms of "Bodymind Integration," developed by Jack Painter, PhD. and brings together recognised Trainers/Trainings in Postural Integration, Energetic Integration and Pelvic-Heart Integration worldwide. See a list of current recognised members here.
- Adv. Trainings
- Adv. Trainings
The International Council of PsychoCorporal (Bodymind) Integration Trainers (ICPIT) was founded in 1988 by Jack W. Painter, Ph.D. and gathers all active trainers in Postural Integration®, Energetic Integration and Pelvic-Heart Integration. Postural Integration was invented in the 1960s and 1970s. Energetic Integration and Pelvic-Heart Integration were created in the 1980s and 1990s. All these methods are being refined on to this day. ICPIT is a worldwide community of training programs, trainers, assistant-trainers, helper-trainers, master practitioners and practitioners in these methods who support each other professionally and are motivated to make this work accessible and available to the general public.
- ICPIT is a Council of Trainers with backgrounds in Psychotherapy, Counseling, Coaching and Holistic Bodywork. It is a worldwide network and extends into a community of practitioners trained according to the guidelines of ICPIT.
- The methods taught are unique in that they work simultaneously with Body (with a touch intensive protocol), Emotions and Thoughts and also go in the Spiritual.
- ICPIT organises training programs worldwide.
- ICPIT TRAININGS are an enterprise both orientated towards the process and experience as well as committed to a profound theoretical reflection of experiences.
- ICPIT TRAINING Institutes and persons providing training are committed to clearly defined ethical standards (see our ethical code), a continuous scientific development of theory and practice of the person- centred/experiential approaches, to scientific research and to working together with similar institutions and persons on national and international levels.
- ICPIT is committed to a self-guided way of learning on the basis of empowerment and the ‘freedom to learn’ as postulated by Carl Rogers and to self-evaluation while meeting the requirements within the respective given legal and institutional frames.
- ICPIT gathers regularly in live meetings and through Skype to update the work and to support trainings, trainers, assistants and practitioners worldwide.
- ICPIT offers supervision training for practitioners in order to support supervised practice of person-centred/experiential relationships with clients.
- ICPIT offers CPD (Continuing Professional Development) in order for trainees to develop their own theoretical stances.
- ICPIT requires their trainees to work with the experience in self-development in different settings (e.g. training groups, personal development groups, group therapy or counselling, individual therapy or counselling etc.)
BODYMIND INTEGRATORS ARE HUMANISTIC PRACTITIONERS
It is within the humanistic counseling tradition that the core conditions of counseling emerged: unconditional positive regard, empathy, congruence, authenticity, caring for the client, phenomenological assessment strategies, self-discovery, and insight. These core conditions permit therapeutic intervention in life areas which were previously inaccessible, such as love, hope, meaning of life, loss, relationships, creativity, holism, spirituality, freedom, transcendence, personal growth, social justice, multicultural and gender issues, responsibility, and interdependence. ICPIT trainers are Humanistic practitioners that are very much grounded in these core conditions. ICPIT Trainings are always "Person–Centered and Experiential"
- ICPIT TRAININGS base their practice upon a philosophical foundation based on the affirmation of the dignity of every human being.
- ICPIT TRAININGS acknowledge the responsibility of human beings for their own destiny, having within themselves the answers to improving their own lives and the quality of life of all human beings.
- ICPIT TRAININGS recognize and respect the ability of human beings to employ reason, science, intuition, and creativity as tools for the discovery of knowledge and the achievement of goals.
- ICPIT TRAININGS believe that wellness and health is best achieved by combining personal growth with avid service for the greater good of humanity.
- ICPIT TRAININGS facilitate personalisation, i.e. the development of the personality, of the trainee by a person-centred/experiential relationship and encounter between the trainers and the trainees aiming at the personal and professional abilities required to offer, establish, maintain and develop person-centred/experiential relationships with clients.
- Among other elements the theoretical and practical learning in ICPIT TRAININGS consists of: anthropological, philosophical and ethical foundations, theory of personality and relationship development, both in general and regarding processes of different persons and groups in different situations, theory of psychopathology and therapy, contextual (legal, medical, economical etc.) necessary knowledge.
WE WORK WITH THE BODYMIND CONCEPT
The inseparable unity and synergy between body and mind is at the heart of the „Bodymind” concept. This concept claims that our body is „living memory” and carries in it the signs and traces of our personal life experience as well as our familial heritage. All kinds of traumatic experiences and learned fears, impregnate our character and influence our posture. Our physical structure and posture are concrete and tangible entrances to the whole Bodymind.
THE PRESUPPOSITIONS OF PSYCHOCORPORAL (BODYMIND) INTEGRATION
The presuppositions of PsychoCorporal (Bodymind) Integration are that in the holistic and integrative therapeutic approach we accept the following:
- Body and mind are not separated;
- There exists a fundamental connection in the world, driven by energy and consciousness;
- The focus of attention is on intrinsic health or the „essential self”; pathology occurs as a consequence of the loss of connection with the essential self.
- The practice of Bodymind Integration focusses on embodied, current experience;
- This experience can be verbalised in a descriptive manner;
- Bodymind Integration is practiced in relationship with the therapist; the work is both interpersonal and intrapersonal;
- Bodymind Integration is a mutual enterprise of therapist and client that is done with curiosity; both therapist and client change through the experience; there is no set end goal.
- Given an appropriate climate, individuals discover their own process of healing and self-regulation.
- From the concepts developed by C.G. Jung, we integrate in the training:
- The collective unconscious and the archetypes (animus; anima; persona(e), shadow, the self….)
- The postulate of the reality of the soul
- The process of individuation as a lifelong process of psychic growth, becoming and realisation of the self.
- The vision in which psychic suffering is not reduced to a pathology, but is seen as a passage in the process of individuation of the individual
WHAT DEFINES HUMANISTIC THEORY
- Humanistic theories attempt to describe the phenomenologically constructed world of the client by exploring the potential of humanity through the nature and experience of values, spirituality, meaning, emotions, transcendence, intentionality, healthy relationships, the self, self-actualization, creativity, mortality, holism, intuition, and responsibility (among other topics).
- Humanistic theories arose as a reaction to an increasingly industrialized world, Freudian psychoanalysis, and behaviorism. Humanistic theories first emerged in the writings of Alfred Adler, Carl Jung, Karen Horney, and Victor Frankl , and came into full expression in the works of Abraham Maslow, Rollo May, Gordon Allport, Carl Rogers, Charlotte Buhler, Virginia Satir, Albert Ellis, and Fritz Perls, among others (Association for Humanistic Psychology, n.d.).
For all Information Contact our Secretariat in Belgium.DIRK MARIVOET - General Secretary, Destelbergenstraat 49-51, B-9040 Gent, +32 9 2284911